Changes to images coming soon, nightly torrents, and note about 'multimedia' support

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gcooper

I'm going to be removing the multimedia features from the default build soon based on feedback I've gotten from the iX development team about image build times and sizes.

If you want to enable multimedia functionality, you replace the following line in build/nano_env:

SW_FEATURES="DEBUG"

with this:

SW_FEATURES="DEBUG MULTIMEDIA"

And call build/do_build.sh as you normally would to produce a build image.

Do NOT report issues with firefly/minidlna/transmission to support.freenas.org as they're unsupported features today that I just enabled for the purpose of testing and feedback so that they can be worked on as plugins for the 8.1 release. Feel free to provide me with feedback please/PM me if you run into valid issues with setting things up and using it (but please RTFM before you ping me or post to the "HOWTO" thread as this is a low priority task for me).

I'll post unofficial nightly torrents for the ISO in a different forums post.. stay tuned.

jerrybme

Dabbler
Which file contains the "SW_FEATURES=" line? I checked the do_build.sh but didn't see it.
Thanks,
Jerry

joeschmuck

Old Man
@gcooper,
Have you already set up the nightly torrents and if so, where would I grab that information from? I'm building right now trunk r8490 (which I know the last ~dozen changes are against the branches) with "MULTIMEDIA REPORTING" set and I'm going to work on minidlna some more, trying to get the automatic refresh working so I thought I'd start with a fresh build. If I come up with something useful I will post it in the Setting up UPnP with minidlna thread.

Thanks,
-Mark

dziring

Dabbler
Will I get a smaller build if I drop the REPORTING and DEBUG features?

I assume there are downsides to this as well?

G

gcooper

Will I get a smaller build if I drop the REPORTING and DEBUG features?

I assume there are downsides to this as well?

DEBUG -> a bunch of dev tools (git, subversion, etc) will be yanked and binaries will be stripped.
REPORTING -> reporting won't work in the GUI.

Status
Not open for further replies.