Change Replication Tasks settings on the fly

Status
Not open for further replies.

eduardoalvim

Dabbler
I have one Replication Task already running, sending a 1 TB volume to another Freenas box (same site, same network). Since it was configured yesterday by the morning, the status now (the other day morning) is still on 9% sent. Thankfully, my coworkers won't come to the office on thursdays and fridays, so I have a 4-day gap to get the replication done until next monday. During the process, I've got the share to be very slow, turning almost impossible to browse files and actually work on the files.

In the meantime, I'm wondering if the task won't complete until next monday so I could change the Replication Task settings "on the fly": edit it's properties and change "Begin" and "End" times, allowing it to run only after work hours, without losing the amount already sent.

Do I make myself clear?

Reactions: Oko
D

dlavigne

AFAIK, changing the settings will not affect the currently running task. Let us know what your findings are.

eduardoalvim

Dabbler
So... It didn't work. Besides I can change settings on the fly, they do not affect the running task. I have 1TB volume do replicate for the first time and this is turning my main server very very slow. Any clues? Maybe to limit the (kB/s)? What rate would be fine for a gigabit network?

PS: Just figured that my two gigabit network cards were somewhat disfunctional (LAG). One of then is not connected, the other one was on 10mb/s! Damn... Unplugging and plugging the ethernet cable ressurrected one of then, and now I got 75mb/s transfer rate again. The other one seems to be dead. Willing to buy a good Intel ethernet controller.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.