Change Cronjob Email Subject?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zidvbelju

Cadet
Currently, cronjob emails are sent out with the following subject line:

Cron <user@hostname> PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin" + command

Does anyone know of an easy way to change this into something more readable? I did a little bit of searching, but most of it was over my head.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Yatti420

Wizard
What are you trying to setup? Are you running the cron as root?

zidvbelju

Cadet
Cron is running as root.
I just want to change the subject line of the cronjob STOUT email to something specific.

Currently, all the emails I get have the following subject line:
Cron <root@p-nas1> PATH="/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/root/bin"

It would be nice to change it to something more relevant and simple such as "Publisher Compression". You get the idea.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I believe that the subject is created based on FreeBSD setup and is not a FreeNAS specific setup. I'm not a fan of the subject line, but it does get my attention because it's so long. So I think it's definitely doing it's job if it gets me to look at those emails ASAP.

zidvbelju

Cadet
I believe that the subject is created based on FreeBSD setup and is not a FreeNAS specific setup. I'm not a fan of the subject line, but it does get my attention because it's so long. So I think it's definitely doing it's job if it gets me to look at those emails ASAP.

Yeah, that sounds about right. I'll have to live with the current subject lines for now.

Thanks for the quick responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.