CentOS & Win2019 VM's in FreeNAS can ping network machines but no internet

UserSN

Dabbler
I created my 1st VM on FreeNAS running CentOS and configured my static IP, network mask, gateway & DNS and can ping the other machines in my network but cannot ping 8.8.8.8 and obviously have no internet access. I tried switching to another IP address I had available in my block and still the same problem. I'm using VirtIO NIC's attached to my public facing physical adapter in FreeNAS. The other option I had available was an intel option instead of the VirtIO and I tried that also but the same problem.

The IP configuration used works fine on a physical machine but not in the FreeNAS VM's. I have other VM's running on Hyper-V that also worked fine with this setup so i'm not sure whats wrong.

As a last ditch effort to rule out any issues I might have with CentOS I spun up a windows 2019 VM in hyper-v and after installing the VirtIO drivers I'm getting the same behavior so something must be wrong in the FreeNAS setup.

I can ping my gateway and the FreeNAS host fine from the VM's just not the internet. This is in a production environment, no DHCP.