Can't write reply to my thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dejan

Dabbler
Hello...
I create this thread a while ago and I have normal communication with others,but now I can't post reply...I got message (You have insufficient privileges to reply here.) ,even though I'm logged in properly...
What could the problem be ? How can I post replies again to this thread?
Thanks in advance..

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant

danb35

Hall of Famer
I was just about to post on the same issue. Looks like there's been some forum restructuring going on, at least in the help&support area--the Feature Requests forum is gone, the bug reports forum has been renamed, a general questions/problems forum has been created, and the Help & Support forum itself has been locked so users can't create new threads, or reply to existing threads. Mods, what gives?

Dejan

Dabbler
Seem's like the problem is solved...
I just posted on that thread...
Thanks to all..

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
While we're at it, has anyone been having trouble loading the forum, besides me? Pages often don't load and everything is just slower than it used to be.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Fixed the permissions temporarily this morning. Help and Support is a "primary category" and is not supposed to have any threads posted directly under it. Instead of posting in the proper sub-forum it looks like people were just posting a large amount of threads directly in Help and Support, so it has now been locked and all of the unsorted threads have been moved here > https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?forums/unsorted-help-and-support-posts.65/ . We need to still go through and sort these posts from the last few months, and probably just archive the bulk of the older ones. Hope this helps!

- Josh

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Oh and the feature request sub-forum is still here it's just been moved under development :).

danb35

Hall of Famer
Help and Support is a "primary category" and is not supposed to have any threads posted directly under it.
Since people have been doing just that for about three years, I'd argue that ship has sailed.
Instead of posting in the proper sub-forum it looks like people were just posting a large amount of threads directly in Help and Support,
In many cases, that would be because there wasn't a proper subforum for the post. I guess the "general questions and problems" subforum is intended to be the replacement for that.

JoshDW19

Community Hall of Fame
Since people have been doing just that for about three years, I'd argue that ship has sailed.

Well that ship has now docked, received a retrofit, and is now ready to set sail again in the proper format. :D.

In many cases, that would be because there wasn't a proper subforum for the post. I guess the "general questions and problems" subforum is intended to be the replacement for that.

I think that's a grand idea. If there isn't a great category people can place their topics there. If people think of more categories we need we can also add them.

Status
Not open for further replies.