Can't shut down after 9.2.1.6 update: Freed UMA keg was not empty

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshyz73

Cadet
Good morning. I'm having an odd issue that started right after I upgraded to 9.2.1.6. When I attempt to shut down my FreeNAS box, it runs through it's normal motions, then gives me a bunch of "Freed UMA keg was not empty" messages while shutting down a plugin, then fails to shut down. This is what I'm seeing:

Code:
jexec 4 /user/pbi/plexmediaserver-amd64/control stop
Stoppingthejail....delete: cannot location XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
Unmounting user-supplied file-systems
Freed UMA keg (udp_inpcb) was not empty (40 items).  Lost 4 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (udpcb) was not empty (504 items).  Lost 3 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (tcptw) was not empty (100 items).  Lost 3 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (tcp_inpcb) was not empty (30 items).  Lost 3 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (tcpcb) was not empty (12 items).  Lost 3 pages of memory.
hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=1 cleanup required
hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=0 cleanup required
Freed UMA keg (udp_inpcb) was not empty (40 items).  Lost 4 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (udpcb) was not empty (504 items).  Lost 3 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (tcptw) was not empty (100 items).  Lost 2 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (tcp_inpcb) was not empty (40 items).  Lost 4 pages of memory.
Freed UMA keg (tcpcb) was not empty (16 items).  Lost 4 pages of memory.
hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=1 cleanup required
hhook_vnet_uninit: hhook_head type=1, id=0 cleanup required
Jul 14 06:05:19 SERVERNAME nmbd[2338]:   STATUS=daemon 'nmbd' finished starting up and ready to serve connectionsPacket send failed to XXX.XXX.XXX.255(138) ERRNO=Network is down
Jul 14 06:05:19 SERVERNAME nmbd[2338]: [2014/07/14 06:05:19.820179,  0] ../source3/libsmb/nmblib.c:873(send_udp)
Jul 14 06:05:19 SERVERNAME nmbd[2338]:   Packet send failed to XXX.XXX.XXX.255(138) ERRNO=Network is down
90 second watchdog timeout expired.  Shutdown terminated.
Mon Jul 14 06:05:49 EDT 2014
Jul 14 06:05:49 SERVERNAME init: /bin/sh on /etc/rc.shutdown terminated abnormally, going to single user mode
Jul 14 06:05:49 SERVERNAME syslogd: exiting on signal 15
Jul 14 06:05:49 plexmediaserver_1 syslogd: exiting on signal 15
Jul 14 06:05:49 xbmc_sql_1 syslogd: exiting on signal 15
Jul 14 06:06:09 init: some processes would not die; ps axl advised
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process 'vnlru' to stop...done
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process 'bufdaemon' to stop...done
Waiting (max 60 seconds) for system process 'syncer' to stop...done
Syncing disks, vnodes remaining...0 0 0 0 0 0 0

And then it just sits there. I have to hard shutdown via the power button to get any further. Assuming Plex is the problem, here's some info on how it is set. I have 3 libraries: TV Shows, Movies, and Pictures. Movies and Pictures are hosted on another NAS on my LAN, while TV Shows is on the FreeNAS box. I mount the Movies and Pictures directories to my FreeNAS box on boot via post init commands, and have the directories they are mounted to as storage presented to the Plex jail. I hope that that isn't too confusing.

As a quick test, I disconnected the other NAS (that hosts Movies and Pictures) while my FreeNAS box was off. I then booted FreeNAS, and then attempted a shutdown. It powered off normally. I then reconnected the other NAS, powered on FreeNAS, and then attempted a shutdown. It hung, with the info above. My setup has been like this for many months, and this all started when I upgraded to 9.2.1.6 on Friday (7/11/14). Nothing else has changed. I will throw it out there that the Plex jail has VIMAGE checked, which I believe is the default. I have other plugins/jails that have that checked as well too. Does anyone know if this is a bug/issue in 9.2.1.6, or something else?

D

dlavigne

Seeing that Realteks have such a crappy reputation, it might be worth trying a different NIC. Though obviously not the model in the bug report :smile:

joshyz73

Cadet
Seeing that Realteks have such a crappy reputation, it might be worth trying a different NIC. Though obviously not the model in the bug report :)

I might be able to do that, but it would be a bit. I do note that this problem only appeared on 9.2.1.6. I never had issue with the past versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.