Can't see share's anymore

easye35

Cadet
I got this error today

CRITICAL​

Failed to check for alert HasUpdate: Traceback (most recent call last): File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/alert.py", line 740, in __run_source alerts = (await alert_source.check()) or [] File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/alert/base.py", line 212, in check return await self.middleware.run_in_thread(self.check_sync) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1155, in run_in_thread return await self.run_in_executor(self.thread_pool_executor, method, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1152, in run_in_executor return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs)) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/alert/source/update.py", line 67, in check_sync path = self.middleware.call_sync("update.get_update_location") File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1295, in call_sync return self.run_coroutine(methodobj(*prepared_call.args)) File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1335, in run_coroutine return fut.result() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 439, in result return self.__get_result() File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/concurrent/futures/_base.py", line 391, in __get_result raise self._exception File "/usr/local/lib/python3.9/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/update.py", line 412, in get_update_location os.chmod(path, 0o755) OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device: '/var/db/system/update'​

I'm running a
phenom II x4 955
8 gb ecc ram(I know I need more)
250 GB main drive

It's been working perfect for 3 weeks

Alecmascot

Guru
you just need to read the last line....

easye35

Cadet
so...I program that requires 16GB is using more than 250GB? And you are ok with that?

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
OSError: [Errno 28] No space left on device: '/var/db/system/update'
You appear to be out of space on your pool.

I see you have a 250GB "main drive" - is this your boot device, or are you booting from something else?

easye35

Cadet
1678299347232.png

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
Both your pool1 and pool2 are completely full according to this picture.

If you have shell access (SSH or via the webUI) you can attempt to delete an existing snapshot if you have one, a list can be obtained with:

zfs list -t snapshot

If you don't, then you can attempt to truncate an existing file:

cat /dev/null > /mnt/pool1/path/to/a/file/to/delete

But because your filesystems are both 100% full this is a difficult situation to correct.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
All sorts of things break if you have zero free space. That goes for all systems and is by no means a TrueNAS/ZFS thing.

easye35

Cadet
figured it out. It's because I upgraded the version of TrueNAS, And it wants to do something to the pools, but there is no space.