Can't passtrough pcie device after hardware upgrade

jace92

Dabbler
Hi all!

I'm still new to posting here so forgive anything I say/do incorrectly.

I have been racking my brain and researching for the last week trying to figure out why pcie passthrough isn't working after a hardware upgrade and I need some help. I was running TrueNAS Scale 22.12.0 on an i7-8700/Asus Prime B360M-A combo but upgraded to a i5-13400/Gigabyte B760I Aorus Pro on 22.12.3. Since then, things have been awful.

After I clean installed 22.12.3 onto the boot drive and loaded my config, I realized that I could not passthrough my pcie Sata card to my Windows VM. TrueNAS simply didn't list my card as an option. I proceeded to double check the BIOS and found VT-d was disabled so I enabled it. After a reboot, I still couldn't see my pcie card in the list to passthrough. I then got to thinking that this CPU/board and still very new so maybe a BIOS update was needed to fix a bug or something... That's when things hit the fan. After booting up for the first time after the BIOS update, I realized my apps weren't running. When I went to check on them, TrueNAS told me that my apps couldn't be found. I spent 2 days working on that issue and after trying so many things that I can't remember them all nor what ultimately worked, I now finally have my stuff running again. However, I still can't see my pcie card to passthrough to the VM.

dmesg | grep -e DMAR -e IOMMU reports that IOMMU is enabled and I THINK I can see it as device 01:00.0 under lspci but I still can't pass it through to my VM. VT-d and virtualization are enabled on my motherboard...

Anyone got any ideas for me? Again I have researched it quite a bit but I haven't found a fix yet.

Thanks!

LarsR

Guru
There was a Bug regarding PCI passthrough, which got fixed in the 3.1 Release this week. Try again after updating to 3.1

jace92

Dabbler
Thanks for the reply!

I just updated to 22.12.3.1 but nothing shows still.