Can't log in to FreeNas network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicklas

Cadet
Hi FreeNas.
So i just got my server up running, but i seem to have a problem logging in to the FreeNas network -.-
I added a new account in the WebGUI, and when i type the account's information it just say's wrong password.
Can anybody help me with my problem? ;)

Windows computer.

warri

Guru
As far as I know only the admin user is able to login to the web GUI.

ben

FreeNAS GUI Developer
warri is correct. the web UI is only for the admin user, FreeNAS user accounts are for the services, not the web UI.

Nicklas

Cadet
warri is correct. the web UI is only for the admin user, FreeNAS user accounts are for the services, not the web UI.
Oh, i think I wrote it wrong.. I am able to login to the WebGUI, but not the network harddisk. I already made the account i'm trying to log in with, on the WebGUI. :)

Nicklas

Cadet
Now when i change the admin username in the WebGUI to FREENAS\admin it say's this, when i'm trying to login:

\\FreeNAS\Media is not available. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the server adminstrator to find out if you have access permissions.

The username is invalid.

Anyone had the same issue?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Nope because the admin account is for the GUI only. It's not a true user account. Look at the users listed in your GUI and create the username and password you want.

You also gave away the fact that you didn't read the manual, or you'd have noticed a "Note"... in bold.. that told you that the GUI login isn't the same. Whoops!

Status
Not open for further replies.