Can't install: "run interrupt hooks: still waiting after 300 seconds for xpt_config"

Status
Not open for further replies.

dawilder

Cadet
Hi. Noob here,

I'm trying to install FreeNAS latest version (9.2.1.5) on an old Dell Dimension 9100 with a bootable CD.

After about one minute, I get the error message: "run interrupt driven hooks: still waiting after 300 seconds for xpt_config". I've searched FreeNAS forum with nothing mentioned about this problem.

FreeBSD forum suggests it's a FireWire problem and to disable various components in BIOS, including USB devices. There is no FireWire in this system to disable and I've tried changing everything I can think of in BIOS but nothing works. It always hangs on the same error. Any words of wisdom would be most appreciated.

Hardware:
Dell Dimension 9100
Processor: Intel Pentium D CPU 2.8 GHz x 2
Memory: 1 GiB
Hard Drives:
One 80GB SATA
One 1 TB SATA
Two 2 TB SATA WD reds

Thanks for any help!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
A good place to start is the minimum requirements for FreeNAS, which you don't meet...

dawilder

Cadet
Doh! Thanks cyberjock!

I see that the minimum RAM is 8GB if using ZFS. However, I couldn't find an absolute minimum if not planning to use ZFS.

This computer will take a max of 4GB of RAM. If I do not plan to use ZFS, would you still recommend going with a different NAS solution with 4GB of RAM? If so, any suggestions?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
You should be fine with 4GB of RAM with UFS, but since UFS is already removed in the next version of FreeNAS my advice would be to research other options and find one appropriate for your situation or buy more appropriate hardware for FreeNAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.