Can't get tls cert to work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyler2342

Cadet
I am running 8.0.4 of Freenas and I have ldap working now if I don't enable ssl or tls. But if I enable tls, I can't get it to work. I am guesssing this must be related to the cert I put in. Can I put in a commercial CA? Does it matter that my ldap server is not self signed?

This seems like it shouldn't be so difficult. I am enforcing ssl and tls clients from a number of services and they all work fine. But I just can't get ssl or tls to work.

Note: the raw output of openssl s_client -connect doesn't work. It has more than one certificate and words to go with it. Most configurations normally only require a certificate. I have also tried a copy and paste of the ca and public key file for the ldap server. Neither have worked for me. I am not sure what to do now.
Tim

plexnex

Cadet
Did you ever find a solution to this?

We have the same problem. Our 8.0.2 installs work fine, but our 8.0.4 will not do LDAP TLS.

J

James

If you haven't done so already, please create a ticket so that the devs can figure out what change between 8.0.2 and 8.0.4 is effecting LDAP TLS.

Status
Not open for further replies.