Can't get into freenas mb bios -- gptzfsboot error 49 lba 1

Alchete

Dabbler
FreeNAS-11.3-U5
MB: SuperMicro X9SCL-F
Intel i3 / 16GB RAM / 16GB USB stick

I'm trying to get into my motherboard bios to adjust my fan speeds, however, if I hold either the F4, TAB, or Delete keys during the bios splash screen I don't reach the bios, and instead boot to a terminal that gives me a command-prompt and the error:

gptzfsboot error 49 lba 1

Searching to decode this error tells me: "no media in drive (IBM/MS INT 13 extensions)"

I'm kind of lost as to how to solve this. Does anyone have any advice? Thanks.

GBillR

Contributor
Not sure what the error is all about, but F4 should get you into the bios on a X9 board. However, that board has IPMI... have you tried to use that to change your fan speeds?

EDIT - Not sure about F4 after reviewing the manual for that MB...

Alchete

Dabbler
Not sure what the error is all about, but F4 should get you into the bios on a X9 board. However, that board has IPMI... have you tried to use that to change your fan speeds?
Thanks. I just tried the SuperMicro IPMI software and unfortunately, it didn't find the NAS box. I assume I need to enable IPMI in the bios first... LOL. Back to step 1.

Redcoat

MVP
The delete key reaches the bios setup.

If you have an HBA installed you need to wait to the second display of the splash screen to enter the bios setup.

If the IPMI heartbeat LED is flashing, BMC is enabled and ready to serve you via IPMI - hook up a cable to the port and go for it.

ThreeDee

Guru
just keep tapping the Del key until you get into the BIOS screen.. if that don't work .. tap F1 .. if that don't work .. tap F2

..make sure your keyboard is functioning properly too I guess..

Starting BIOS Setup Utility To enter the AMI BIOS Setup Utility screens, press the DEL key while the system is booting up. Note: In most cases, the key is used to invoke the AMI BIOS setup screen. There are a few cases when other keys are used, such as F1, F2 , etc.

you stated you were "holding" the keys down .. if you don't hold it at the precise time ..then you'll miss the window .. so just tapping the key while it's booting up .. before... through .. and after splash screen .. you'll generally get in. If that is what you were already doing, then I'd check your keyboard.