Can't copy or restore from previous versions

Status
Not open for further replies.

aschmitz

Cadet
I configured shadow copies on my FreeNAS 11.1-U4 server according to section 10.4.3 of the manual. For the most part everything works correctly. I can see the snapshots under the previous versions tab in Windows 7. I can even open the previous versions of files. The problems start when I use the copy or restore buttons in the previous versions window. I'm already logged in as DOMAIN\user, but both buttons throw the following permissions error in Windows 7:

You need permission to perform this action.
You require permission from DOMAIN\user to make changes to this file.

Copying from the command prompt and Double Commander both work. I can also open previous versions of the folder and drag a file to a new ZIP file opened on the desktop. When I use the copy or restore buttons in the previous versions window, I get similar errors in the log.smbd:

Copy:
[2018/05/09 11:04:56.063199, 0] ../source3/smbd/dfree.c:124(sys_disk_free)
sys_disk_free: VFS disk_free failed. Error was : Bad address

Restore:
cannot open 'tank/Home@auto-20180507.1200-1w': snapshot delimiter '@' is not expected here
[2018/05/09 11:05:32.987953, 0] ../source3/smbd/dfree.c:124(sys_disk_free)
sys_disk_free: VFS disk_free failed. Error was : Bad address

I found forum posts and bug reports that might be related from a few years ago, but they're for 9.3:
Is there something wrong with my configuration, or do should I file a bug report?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Please file a bug report and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.