Cannot see my TrueNAS Scale on my network, but I can see the VM's that are running within.

Homelabnoob

Cadet
I have my server set up running true nas scale. In it I have some apps and a VM running a pi-hole, and another for pf-sense. My VM's are running and working but i can no longer access my trueNAS web gui. It is also no longer popping up on my router as being attached. This all started when it disconnected when i was doing a large file copy off of the trueNAS system. I know the MAC address to the system and its not popping up on my pi-hole or on my router.

System specs
2 intel xenon 8 core cpu's
188 GB of emcc ram
3 2 TB Hdd's
1 (boot drive) samsung evo 870

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Can you SSH to the TrueNAS IP? (had you enabled the SSH service?)

Siress

Dabbler
Something has a connection since your VMs are working, you just need to find it. Something like Wireshark or Fing (mobile) should do the trick.

Homelabnoob

Cadet
I had not set up SSH yet to the machine, I ran a cmd on my windows machine to ping all the devices on my network and that one did not reveal my physical machine either.

sretalla