Cannot log on to web GUI after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently upgraded a 9.2.1.9 (?) to 9.3 and I'm in trouble.

The hardware is:

HP Microserver N54
6 Gbytes Ram
1 TB HD

Since the upgrade I have been unable to logon.

I now get the message:

Unhandled Exception
An unhandled exception was thrown by the application.

I need to recover the data due a failed backup. (Why do problems never come singly?)

I know there isn't enough memory for continued use and this will be addressed when I've found a solution to the problem.

TIA,

Tony

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
If you need to access the pool ASAP, I recommend you revert to your FreeNAS 9.2.1.9 boot device. If you upgraded in place, install 9.2.1.9 on a new device and import the config file you backed up.

jal

Dabbler
I just installed on a fresh system (FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201504152200), and am getting the same thing.

SSH isn't configured yet, obviously, and I went in with a console shell only to see that it is pulling config from a database to determine whether to run or not. I'm very reluctant to to start hacking at that in order to get a remote shell that would let me troubleshoot more easily (physical location issues), but might come back to that if I have to.

Looking at the stack trace in /var/log/nginx-error.log, the issue seems to be .../forms/models.py, line 205. I haven't written Django code since version 1.3, and as mentioned don't currently have a comfortable environment in which to hack around, so I haven't looked further.

Given that this is off a fresh install, I have to assume there's an issue with the ISO. Should I grab a different release? How I love that STABLE tag...

(edited for clarity)

jal

Dabbler
Hate to reply to myself here, but figured it might be useful for future searchers. This was resolved by restarting Nginx after plugging in the network cable. I brought the machine before it had network, and that seemed to break the webapp. At least, I made no other changes.

I too have solved my problem. :)

I downloaded the latest software and built a new system on a new USB stick. I had a momentary panic when I restarted the system and no data was visible but a quick change to the config fixed that.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Hate to reply to myself here, but figured it might be useful for future searchers. This was resolved by restarting Nginx after plugging in the network cable. I brought the machine before it had network, and that seemed to break the webapp. At least, I made no other changes.

Assuming that is the problem, I'd recommend people do a system reboot than manually restarting services and such. While it may work for you, that's not to say that some future build will have the same solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.