Cannot import volumes on 2 drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jude

Cadet
Hi all

About a month ago I bought a HP micro Server and following the step by step video tutorials and loaded Freenas. I then proceeded to load all my media onto the freenas machine, All was working perfectly.

Then a couple of nights ago I came home and couldn't see the server, not even throught my browser. I plugged my screen into the server and rebooted the machine several times (freenas was loaded onto a USB stick) it starts to run but then gets stuck at this point

FreeBSD/x86 Bootstrap Loader, Revision 1.1
(root@build.ixsystems.com, Wed Apr 3 15:39:85 PDT 2013
Loading /Boot/defaults/loader.conf

Basically being an I.T. Idiot I assumed it was the flash drive that Freenas was loaded on and reloaded onto another usb stick - This did the trick and the Freenas booted perfectly. All was going well and I managed to import my first volume perfectly (I have 1 volume per disc) all UFS. but the next two gave me an error (copied below) and I don't know what to do, all I can think of is recreating new volumes on those discs, but that would mean losing all my data. really, really don't want that to happen!!!

any suggestions and assistance would be greatly appreciated - and please remember I am not an I.T. guru, so please pretend you are explaining to a small child...

Request Method:
GET

Request URL:

http://10.0.0.8/storage/mountpoint/permission/mnt/TV Shows/

Software Version:

FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE-p2-x64 (r12686+b770da6_dirty)

Exception Type:

OSError

Exception Value:

Invalid mountpoint /mnt/TV Shows

Exception Location:

/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py in mp_get_owner, line 2230

Server time:

Thu, 27 Jun 2013 09:40:57 -0700Traceback

Environment:
Software Version: FreeNAS-8.3.1-RELEASE-p2-x64 (r12686+b770da6_dirty)
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://10.0.0.8/storage/mountpoint/permission/mnt/TV Shows/

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response
105. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
166. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
20. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/storage/views.py" in mp_permission
573. form = forms.MountPointAccessForm(initial={'path': path})
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/storage/forms.py" in __init__
1194. user, group = notifier().mp_get_owner(path)
File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/middleware/notifier.py" in mp_get_owner
2230. raise OSError('Invalid mountpoint %s' % (path, ))

Exception Type: OSError at /storage/mountpoint/permission/mnt/TV Shows/
Exception Value: Invalid mountpoint /mnt/TV Shows

cyberjock

Inactive Account
My first guess is the file system isn't clean. The corrective action is to run a fsck on it, but I'm not sure exactly how to do it. I believe you have to be in single user mode to do it without causing file system damage. I'm not experienced with UFS, so I'll leave it to someone else to provide more help if my help hasn't pointed you in a direction on Google.

Also, you could try mounting the drives manually from the command line. Not sure the exact command though.

Jude

Cadet
Can anyone tell me exactly step by step, how to run fsck on my two drives

???

Status
Not open for further replies.