Cannot delete folder over SMB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lerxst151

Cadet
I had to rebuild my Freenas 11.1-U5 server. I setup it up on a new AMD box so I still have my old server for the moment. I setup a new volume, datasets, and copied all the data back over from my backups. I have setup SMB and can connect from both Windows and Linux boxes. I can create folders and files and I can delete the files but cannot delete any folders through Windows or Linux. I have compared settings to my old server and everything is the same as far as I can tell. I have even giving my user account full RWE access to all datasets recursively. I am able to delete the folders just fine over FTP just not through SMB. Has anyone seen any issues like this or know how to fix it.

Lerxst151

Cadet
Here is there error I get in Linux
L151@KU1804:~/NAS/temp$ rmdir Test1
rmdir: failed to remove 'Test1': Resource temporarily unavailable

In Windows I get Error 0x8007003B: An unexpected network error occurred

el_pedriyo

Explorer
Do you have unix permissions setted up??
If so, try to access the datashare with the user that has the ownership of that dataset. That should solve the issue.

If not, change the perms type to windows and manage them with windows

Lerxst151

Cadet
I have two different datasets with my account as the owner with 777 permissions. I have one set to windows for the permission type and the other set to unix. They both have the same issue that I cannot delete a folder though SMB.

Status
Not open for further replies.