Cannot connect after update - tried the "ntlm auth = yes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMJ

Cadet
My system was off for a few weeks, I turned it back on, updated(current version: FreeNAS-11.0-U3 (c5dcf4416)), and now I cannot connect to the share. I can still get into the admin panel. I can actually browse all the files if I enable guest access to the share. Without guest access, the only thing I get is this error. No matter what I try. (also, don't laugh at my share name lol)

Ck3pAuI.png

I've tried resetting all credentials, connecting with a new account, connecting with the root account, making a new share, adding the ntlm auth = yes to the parameters of the share. I'm lost guys.

This is driving me nuts. Please let me know what to do next.

edit: Issue# https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/25863

Last edited:

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Before you performed the update, you saved a copy of the configuration
file right?
Just boot back into your last known good configuration.
What version did you upgrade FROM?

NMJ

Cadet
Before you performed the update, you saved a copy of the configuration
file right?
Just boot back into your last known good configuration.
What version did you upgrade FROM?

No, I did not, and I don't know what version I upgraded from.

D

dlavigne

To clarify: you grabbed the old working config and applied it to the upgraded version?

NMJ

Cadet
To clarify: you grabbed the old working config and applied it to the upgraded version?
Correct. I booted into the "default" which was from 04/23. I went to General tab, saved config. I then booted into current, which is 11.0U3, then went to General and uploaded config.

I saw a warning about passwords being reset, so I tried it without resetting, then I reset them and tried. Both times I'm getting the same error.

I went back to the services and added the "ntlm auth = yes" to the aux parameters since it wasn't in the old config. Still same error.

D

dlavigne

In that case, please create an issue at bugs.freenas.org that includes a debug from the U3 system (System -> Advanced -> Save Debug) and post the issue number here. Note that your bug will be hidden from other users until a dev has a chance to review the debug.

NMJ

Cadet
In that case, please create an issue at bugs.freenas.org that includes a debug from the U3 system (System -> Advanced -> Save Debug) and post the issue number here. Note that your bug will be hidden from other users until a dev has a chance to review the debug.
Will do. In the meantime, what do I do to get back into my system?

Status
Not open for further replies.