Can FreeNAS limit cloud sync storage (Backblaze B2) used?

Dave Hamby

Dabbler
I too, found myself surprised by a Backblaze B2 bill. In my case, the issue was Class C (list the files in the bucket). But I also noticed my storage was creeping up on 12 TB, the pool size. The pool has about 3 TB of data. I was expecting the pool to grow to about that size as it is mostly music, videos, and audios, and DOH, a Time Machine bucket. I'm guessing the Time Machine is continuing to squirrel stuff away. Host os is Catalina and APFS is in use on the system volume and an external volume (not in the Time Machine) used for working storage for Studio One.

How large will the Backblaze bucket grow? Can I set an upper bound on its size? What will rclone do when the ceiling is reached?

This appears to be a restatement of the issues in the Plex Jail related thread in which the rclone save set bucket was larger than the pool geing saved.

Dave Hamby

Dabbler
Thanks. A needed addition. Without setting a limit, what will the bucket grow to relative to pool size? Is it 1x? More? Need to estimate budget for off-site backups.