CA cert and Active Directory Problems

eroji

Contributor
I had previously configured AD and imported the CA cert from my domain controller. Everything was working up until I upgraded to 11.2. Since the upgrade, I am getting alert stating that AD connectivity has faulted. When I go and try to reconfigure the settings, it starts complaining about the root CA certificate. Do I went and deleted the cert and re-imported it. That seemed to have made it even worse. Now when I go and re-configure AD and selecting the cert, it says the cert cannot be found.

1587335219337.png

1587335350847.png

templis

Cadet
I have the also some strange issues like eroji.
But for me I simply got a KeyError:
2020-04-20 15_02_22-791943464 - AnyDesk.png

Inside this error Message stands:
And it is reagardless if I deselect the cert or not.
Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 130, in call_method
    io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1081, in _call
    return await methodobj(*args)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 303, in update
    f'{self._config.namespace}.update', self, self.do_update, [data]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1081, in _call
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 961, in nf
    return await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/activedirectory.py", line 824, in do_update
    await self.common_validate(new, old, verrors)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/activedirectory.py", line 659, in common_validate
    new["certificate"], "activedirectory_update.certificate", False
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1131, in call
    app=app, pipes=pipes, job_on_progress_cb=job_on_progress_cb, io_thread=True,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/crypto.py", line 855, in cert_services_validation
    if not cert['key_length']:
KeyError: 'key_length'

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I have the also some strange issues like eroji.
But for me I simply got a KeyError:
View attachment 37790
Inside this error Message stands:
And it is reagardless if I deselect the cert or not.
Code:
Error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 130, in call_method
    io_thread=False)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/service.py", line 303, in update
    f'{self._config.namespace}.update', self, self.do_update, [data]
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 961, in nf
    return await f(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/activedirectory.py", line 824, in do_update
    await self.common_validate(new, old, verrors)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/activedirectory.py", line 659, in common_validate
    new["certificate"], "activedirectory_update.certificate", False
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1131, in call
    app=app, pipes=pipes, job_on_progress_cb=job_on_progress_cb, io_thread=True,
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/crypto.py", line 855, in cert_services_validation
    if not cert['key_length']:
KeyError: 'key_length'
Right. That bug will be fixed in U3. Try the following midclt call activedirectory.update '{"certificate": null}'

templis

Cadet
Thank you! <3
I've searched for something like this information. Can you also help me out where I should look in future, to find such informations?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Thank you! <3
I've searched for something like this information. Can you also help me out where I should look in future, to find such informations?
Our bug tracker is at jira.ixsystems.com. The public FreeNAS API endpoints are described at <ip of freenas server>/api/docs.