Building NAS for videofiles

sattor

Cadet
Hi everyone,
Will it Freenas? or now TrueNAS)
Can you help with the selection of configurations. It is necessary to deploy storage for video files (there will be large (8TB) and small (2.5MB) in large quantities). These files will be uploaded and viewed simultaneously.

parameters:
Motherboard: GIGABYTE C246-WU4
CPU: Xeon E-2126G
RAM: 2x16GB ECC
SSD for L2ARC: Samsung 970 evo
HDD: 8x4TB in RAID6

And main questions:
1. Are these parameters sufficient for the work of 100 people?
2. Do I need to add ZIL/SLOG drives
3. Which hard drive configuration is better, more capacity less HDD or vice versa
Did I miss anything?

ChrisRJ

Wizard
What thoughts did bring you to this configuration?
What video resolution are we talking about?
Are we really talking about 8 TB files or is it 8 GB instead?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
RAM: 2x16GB ECC
It seems to me that this will be your first problem... if you want to push the box to the point that it will use/benefit from L2ARC and/or SLOG, 32GB of RAM is not enough.

sattor

Cadet
What thoughts did bring you to this configuration?
What video resolution are we talking about?
Are we really talking about 8 TB files or is it 8 GB instead?
hello, sorry for late replay..
This configurations i can bought in local markets;
Resolution is FullHD (1920x1080)
Ohh... 8GB
Files mostly will be stored in NAS for whatching on Local network

sretalla