Broke my jails

Status
Not open for further replies.

hobbiest

Cadet
After installing freeness 9.3 I noticed I only had one jail templet. I was trying to change this when I broke things.
{"events": [], "error": true, "message": "Error: no such column: jails_jailsconfiguration.jc_ipv4_dhcp"}
Screen Shot 2015-02-20 at 4.39.50 PM.png

Last edited:

joeschmuck

Old Man
Cool. Was there a question in there or are you just making a statement? If there is a question, post the version of FreeNAS 9.3 you are running and your question.

hobbiest

Cadet
Cool. Was there a question in there or are you just making a statement? If there is a question, post the version of FreeNAS 9.3 you are running and your question.
I deserved that. I am running 9.3 stable. How would I go about getting the jails back? They are still in the dataset just don't show in freenas OS.

hobbiest

Cadet
I reverted to a previous boot record save looks like it fixed the problem. Thanks for everyones time.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
What's your hardware? Just curious as that issue kind of scares me a little.

hobbiest

Cadet
What's your hardware? Just curious as that issue kind of scares me a little.
It is and older pc I am using to test. It is not running at recommended spec's. I am trying to justify the cost of building a system for this to my wife :) I am sure I was the one that messed it up also typing a command I didn't understand.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Ok. That error basically is a "your database is ruined" type of message. It's a pretty serious problem that none of us would want to see happen. I just wanted to be sure that wasn't something I might see myself.

If you aren't at the minimum specs (mostly 8GB of RAM) you can expect random problems as a result. So if you want to see FreeNAS work properly, you should make sure you have 8GB of RAM.

It would suck to test an OS that is horribly prone to random unexplainable errors and you think FreeNAS is just poorly written. ;)

joeschmuck

Old Man
I agree with Cyberjock. If you had 8GB of RAM please say so otherwise we will assume you didn't and that was the likely culprit.

gpsguy

btw, when asked for the version of 9.3, we are looking for an answer like - FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201502162250

the section in bold is very important.

I am running 9.3 stable.

Status
Not open for further replies.