Boot pool status is DEGRADED

rslocalhost

Dabbler
Came in today and got an alert "Boot pool status is DEGRADED". Boot pool is mirrored SATA DOMs. Checking, both are showing checksum errors (808036 for both). Doing a zpool status -v, I find there are two corrupted files:

errors: Permanent errors have been detected in the following files (these are the only two listed):

/var/db/system/rrd-a75e42d926e4418a8e21357ce29c963c/localhost/disk-da6/disk_time.rrd
/var/db/system/rrd-a75e42d926e4418a8e21357ce29c963c/localhost/disk-da6/disk_io_time.rrd

How do I fix this?

I did do a config backup after seeing this. The SATA DOMs (and why are they so expensive?) were replaced months ago, and at different time, so the usage is not the same, and they probably aren't from the same batch.

Last edited:

Davvo

MVP
How do I fix this?
You don't.

Please provide your full hardware specs.
Best solution should be to reinstall and import the config backup.

rslocalhost

Dabbler
FREENAS-CETIFIED-4U24-V2 system.

63.8GiB ECC memory
FreeNAS-11.3-U5
SATADOM-ML 3ME4 (x2) 64 GB for the boot pool. My notes say they were installed a month apart and have been in service less than 8 months.

I continued searching, and found this in another post:

These are all RRD log files for reporting, and can be ignored. Or deleted, or whatever. They will be rewritten by new versions as new performance data is collected.
I did see I'll have to trigger a scrub ( zpool scrub poolname) after deleting the files. Is this correct?

Last edited:

Davvo

MVP

rslocalhost

Dabbler
Thanks. I deleted the files, triggered a scrub which found no errors, but was still reporting the "old" errors. I did a zpool clear poolname and then another scrub and now everything is clear.

Thank you.