Best practice regarding network and VMs

lthasenhod

Cadet
Hi All,

I wondered if there are any best practice regarding networking and vm's ?, like if you have a lagg0/bond0 interface do you then make a bridge interface, and from that you make the vlan's and then connect the vm to the vlan that it need ?, or do you make a bridge interface pr. vlan ?

please advice.

Kind Regards,

lthasenhod

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Seems @Patrick M. Hausen has it under control...

lthasenhod

Cadet
Hi All,

That solution worked perfect, thank you very much sretalla and patrick, now we just need to wait for ixsystems to fix the bridge interfaces have same mac address even though its on same or differenct machines.

Kind Regards,

lthasenhod

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
That mini HOWTO of mine was supposed to apply to TrueNAS CORE - glad it worked for you on SCALE, too.

But I have no idea if the IP address must go on the bridge rule applies to Linux at all.

snave

Dabbler
Hi All,

That solution worked perfect, thank you very much sretalla and patrick, now we just need to wait for ixsystems to fix the bridge interfaces have same mac address even though its on same or differenct machines.

Kind Regards,

lthasenhod
You can work around this by not reusing bridge names across hosts, so each system should be uniquely have br0, br1, br2 ... which will each have a different MAC address tied to the br number.

Ben