Best place to get a Chelsio T520-CR

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to try Chelsio T520-CR, I never had a problem with my Intel XR2 adapters , but Chelsio has been praised so much I would like to try to see if it will improve my SMB speeds from freenas to windows with standard 1500 frames.

What is a good source to buy them from ? I am trying to find a reputable seller who don't sell refurbished as new or fake cards, and same time is not overpricing them ?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
I guess it depends on what country you are in. You could add that to your profile info.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
The one review says that it is the SO model, but that should not make much difference according to this:
https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...0-cr-vs-chelsio-t520-so-cr.54171/#post-376034

Hm. I read you link carefully. I am not sure what to think. It seems one feature os supported TO if the user is right. This is from your link. If I had 2 chelsio cards around I can simply swap intel ones with these high end cards and see if it will make any difference in cifs sharing.

The problem is I don't have them and is going to cost me a lot(2 cards + SPF+ Transceivers) as a home user just to give it try , to see if it will make any difference. :-(

Anyways the question was where to buy them and I am sure IX Systems will not sell you a fake card but I prefer to get it directly. Not cause I am trying to get it as cheap as possible , but cause when I buy a L2ARC ssd for example, I really would like to know what SSD exactly I am buying , not like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.