Backup local PC running veeam community to Truenas server

tedj13

Cadet
I have an old PC with 16 GB memory running an Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz . I have installed TrueNAS-12.0-U1 on it. I am trying to use veeam community to backup a stand alone PC running windows 10 Pro, a complete system backup not just files. I can copy files from my PC to the server. I am new to both TrueNAS and Veeam. I have setup pool storage on the server, but when I try and put it the server IP address when I startup veeam it tell me the target machine actively refused it and then it shows the IP address. Are there any easy instructions that I can follow to do what I want to do? I didn't think it would be this complicated. Thanks for any help!

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
It sounds like your question is "How do I configure Veeam"?

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Thanks for any help!
Please review this:

You will need to give us more info if we are to provide meaningful help.

tedj13

Cadet
I have 3 hd's on my server, one a 650 Gb HD is where I installed the TrueNAS OS. the second a 500 Gb SSD I added to my storage pool and set it up with lz4 compression. Under sharing I set it ups as Windows share (SMB). I added a user account that has access to that pool. I can use file explorer to see this network folder, and can copy and paste files/folders onto this drive. The third HD is a 4 Tb drive that I have setup in a pool called backup. Under sharing I set it up as a UNIX shares (NFS), and created a user account that has access to that pool. When I try and add the server at the startup I get this error message. If I start veeam using the localhost it starts, but I'm not sure how/where to add my backup server. I hope this explains my issue, I'm new to both systems.
1609970076017.png