Authentication Problem with Cifs and Windows 7 Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anabel Ender

Cadet
Hi FreeNAS Admins,

i had updatet my FreeNas Version -9.2.0- to the newest one. I had configured some Cifs Share`s lt. Dokumentation. If i try to access the windows Share form mein Win7 PC i get an error Access Denied. When i try to mount the share from anonther Linux Box like mount.cifs //nas01/data /mnt/backup -o user=backupadm

i get the following error
mount error 13 = Permission denied
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g.man mount.cifs)

and in the Freenas log the error occured like this
freenas /source3/smbd/service.c:550(make_connection_snum) create_connection_session_info failed: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED

I am sure that the Userconfiguration throue the GUI are correct and the File Permision also? Have anowhere any ideas?

thanks
anabel

D

dlavigne

You'll have to post your configs if you want anyone to help.

Anabel Ender

Cadet
sorry

[global]
server max protocol = SMB3
encrypt passwords = yes
dns proxy = no
strict locking = no
oplocks = yes
deadtime = 15
max log size = 51200
load printers = no
printing = bsd
printcap name = /dev/null
disable spoolss = yes
getwd cache = yes
guest account = nobody
map to guest = Bad User
obey pam restrictions = Yes
directory name cache size = 0
panic action = /usr/local/libexec/samba/samba-backtrace
server string = FreeNAS Server
store dos attributes = yes
map archive = no
map readonly = no
map hidden = no
map system = no
time server = yes
local master = yes
server role = standalone
netbios name = NAS01
workgroup = WORKGROUP
security = user
pid directory = /var/run/samba
smb passwd file = /var/etc/private/smbpasswd
private dir = /var/etc/private
create mask = 0666
directory mask = 0777
client ntlmv2 auth = yes
dos charset = CP437
unix charset = UTF-8
log level = 1

D

dlavigne

server max protocol = SMB3[/quote3]

Try changing "Server Maximum Protocol" in the CIFS screen to SMB2 and restarting CIFS. You may have to reboot the Windows system as well.

If that doesn't fix it, post your permission settings on the CIFS share.

Anabel Ender

Cadet
thank you dlavigne for you post,

in my case i will use SMB3. The problem orccurred only with the windows GUI when i browse the network an click at the share . When i mount the share with net use i dont have any problem?

thx anabel

cyberjock

Inactive Account
thank you dlavigne for you post,

in my case i will use SMB3. The problem orccurred only with the windows GUI when i browse the network an click at the share . When i mount the share with net use i dont have any problem?

thx anabel

WOW! That's interesting! I don't think I have heard about this before.. I might have to do some reading!

Anabel Ender

Cadet
cyberjock i think i am in a support and help forum as it says in theheading!
It is not my intention to ask ask stupid, it is my earnest. Is the map drive the only way to access the share? And by the way I had read the Manuel for example section 7.3 Windows Share
“To prevent Windows Explorer from hanging when accessing the share, map the share as a network
drive. To do this, right-click the share and select “Map network drive...” as seen in Figure 7.3c.”

it is unbelievably for me, but your help is great for me, keep it up….

cyberjock

Inactive Account
CIFS shares must be mapped in Windows. That is the only way. I do a script to auto-mount my shares for me on bootup using net use.

To be honest, most users are not going to see much in terms of benefits from SMB2 to SMB3. Unless you are 100% sure you will see benefits I'd just change the server settings to force SMB2(one of the flavors.. your pick) and use that. I'm on Windows 7 where SMB3 isn't supported and I can saturate Gb LAN and do about 350MB/sec over 10Gb.

alexg

Contributor
Samba/CIFS permissions are mess after 9.2.X (don't remember which) upgrade. Just take a look number of bugs logged. 9.2.1.3 is much better, but I still see some strange issues that sometimes get resolved by bouncing Samba or rebooting or disconnecting shares from Windows. Occasionally, I just give up and use setfacl which obviously is not for a novice user.

Status
Not open for further replies.