Anyone running on an ASRock E3C226D2I ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cchayre

Dabbler
Curious to know if anyone's gotten FreeNAS running on an ASRock E3C226D2I? I just completed a build with this board, i3-4330 proc, 16 GB DDR3 1600 Crucial ECC RAM, etc. I've historically been a NAS4Free user (and legacy FreeNAS before that), but was looking to make the change to FreeNAS with this build. I'm hanging immediately on boot from the FreeNAS image (9.2.1)---basically stuck at:
Boot: F1 _

Interestingly enough, I am able to boot from the latest NAS4Free image with no issue. And yes, I have already taken the liberty of disabling the USB3 controller.

Wondering if anyone else has run across this or can provide guidance. Thanks!

fracai

Guru
I'm not sure what help I can provide, but I'm running 9.1 on that board with a Xeon and 16 GB.

I'd start with imaging another USB stick.

cchayre

Dabbler
Thanks. I'm going to try at least two other things today---another bootable USB and a different version of FreeNAS. Ex. 9.2. Will be interesting to see if either do the trick.

cchayre

Dabbler
Ended up working with ASRock to troubleshoot and they recommended I RMA it with the reseller. ASRock support was great through the process and I'll fill in the details later on the issues, steps, and what-not if people are interested.

Reseller I bought through has been less than ideal though. I thought I'd be alright buying through someone other than NewEgg to save an extra $15. Bad decision thus far. They're trying to deny my RMA for refund and are citing the attached picture. Wondering what kind of cruel joke this is. I never touched the PCI-E for one and the picture looks on-par with stock photos.

Attachments

• image002 (1).jpg
    image002 (1).jpg
    38 KB · Views: 304

cyberjock

Inactive Account
That IS stock design! LOL.

Now you see what you get when you save $15. ;)

That's why I don't buy from anywhere except reputable e-tailers. You must not have been around before Amazon, Newegg, and Tigerdirect existed.

cchayre

Dabbler
Well...I generally don't. Lesson learned on my one deviation. :) . I actually was able to make it through my old pricewatch days unscathed. Anyway, I am hopeful PayPal can help make things right if the reseller fails to do the right thing.

The only outstanding point of churn---I reluctantly purchased a replacement motherboard from the same place (couldn't wait for them to turn it around). I receive it tomorrow. Fingers crossed that I don't have any other issues :)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Jeez! I haven't heard the word "pricewatch" in so long! I totally forgot about that place!

cchayre

Dabbler
i had to look myself the other week to see if it was still there...and it is. Dont know that anyone actually uses it anymore.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Yeah, well, Froogle killed it and then went all paid listing.

cchayre

Dabbler
Got my replacement board yesterday and finished my build today. Still powers on...for now. :)

Anyway, back to the original post---I couldn't get the build to boot with FreeNAS 9.2.1, but it boots with no issue on 9.2.0 or 9.2.1.2. I haven't looked through the latest release notes, but I'll assume something was off with 9.2.1 and my luck will be good with 9.2.1.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.