After disconnectiong a backup storage all jails go down / replicated datasets empty

DD4711

Contributor
Hello,

I have a problem with my setup where I want to know whether I made something wrong or FreeNAS has a problem.

I have a main storage where everything is stored: data, jails, system dataset. I have two more storages on USB HDDs, encrypted, to store two backups onsite and offsite. First on main storage I make backups with snapshot tasks regularly. In two replication tasks I make replications of main storage to each USB HDD. Therefore I connect one, add the storage and decrypt it. Then I activate the corresponding replication task and deactivate it after completion, lock and disconnect storage.

Now what happens:
  1. Normally I can ssh my FreeNAS and browse data in /mnt/backup/dataset/... But immediately after replication finished I can't do that anymore. I only can browse to the dataset folder but I can't see any files in it.
  2. Immediately after disconnection USB HDD all jails go down! I can restart them and all is fine
So whats wrong with my backup concept and doing? Is this a normal behavior? I can't imagine that...

DD4711

Contributor
Great, thanks. I should read bugtracker more often and before posting :rolleyes: