Adding AD users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brad303

Dabbler
I must be missing something, but I can't seem to figure out how to add users to my brand, spankin' new AD DC running on FreeNAS 9.10.

I have some existing users, but when I created the AD, they don't show up in `wbinfo -u`. When I create a new user, they don't show up either.

How do I add a new user to the FreeNAS Active Directory?

For the most part, my Unix users are separate from the Windows users, although I have some CIFS shares that need to be writable by both Unix and Windows groups. i.e. Files are written by nzbget on a FreeBSD host over NFS, but need to be read/modified by Windows users mounting the filesystem as CIFS.

It would seem that mapping the Unix users to Windows users makes the most sense, but I don't see a way to do it, and can't find anything in the docs.

Thanks.

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Forgot to mention this part from the manual:
Once FreeNAS® is configured, use the RSAT utility from a Windows system to manage the domain controller.
So, based on what you said about not seeing the users with "wbinfo -u"; that is correct. You need to use RSAT to administer it from here out (as far as Users, Groups, etc..).

Status
Not open for further replies.