Add Storage to Jail "Create directory" Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.

danb35

Hall of Famer
I'm not an expert, but that doesn't sound like the same problem. I haven't had any trouble with the jails seeing attached storage under subdirectories of /mnt--/mnt/volume1, /mnt/volume2, etc. I wouldn't put anything you care about in /tmp--as the name implies, it's for temporary storage only. The OS can and does clean out /tmp occasionally.

mcolinp

Explorer
I also have had problems with adding external storage to a jail after upgrading from 9.2.1.3 to 9.2.1.7. And as was discussed here; creating directories manually does not work either. THIS IS A SHOW STOPPER!!!
I had a local only owncloud plugin that had access to a specific data set with www ownership. It now does not work. I have tried many times to get my data to propagate into owncloud without success. And this was working for me in the past.

EDIT: And if there were some change to how acl's are handled in Jails that is creating the conflict; perhaps someone could try to help illustrate how diagnose and fix conflicts created by this new policy . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.