Active Directory does not start because FreeNAS started before Domain Controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javier Otero

Cadet
Hi there,

We are going on the following:

When we turn on the Domain Controller and Freenas, Freenas starts before and does not start the CIFS services and the Active Directory (I understand that's because you do not find the domain controller). So we can not get into the shared folders and the solution is to start services in Freenas hand.

Is there any solution to make it automatic?

Our version is FreeNAS-9.3-STABLE-201504100216

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
Eventually, I may have to look into this myself.

But for starters:
This is how you can see services that are enabled: service -e
This is how you can restart CIFS: service samba_server restart

Perhaps, you can simply add a task to run post-init like this?:
upload_2016-2-25_7-38-55.png

Of course this is not leveraging any checks (like to see if AD Service is running), but may be a simple way to address it. Otherwise, a script may be needed that will first check AD Service status and then act accordingly...

Javier Otero

Cadet
Yesterday we turn off the servers. And this morning Freenas services CIFS AD and were off.

I had to enable the AD service at hand.

Can it be that Freenas try to connect to the domain controller every 5 minutes?

Mirfster

Doesn't know what he's talking about
So you have both "CIFS" and "Domain Controller" Services configured to "On" already? Then when you powered off and started FreeNas they did not start automatically? I think there were some updates that addressed this or at least CIFS.

I don't recall off hand, but if you look in the [Update] tab, you should see Pending Updates and the fixes. Maybe look through that and see if anything pertains to your issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.