Active cooler on the Atom C3758 SoC?

volothamp

Explorer
I definitely suggest that both of you put a Noctua NF-A6x25 on the CPU on your Silverstone cases. It will drop CPU temp by about 30°C and also ensure that at least some air is moving close to the NIC—all without being heard.
Fan control scripts also work great on these boards.

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but as the temperature is increasing a lot I'd like to follow your suggestion to buy a the Noctua NF-A6x25 to put in on the CPU. Problem is, how do I fit that? I understood I should put it on top of the heatsink, but I'm not sure how to keep it stable

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
The Supermicro SNK-C0057A4L should work.

coolnodje

Explorer
Noctua NF-A6x25 works perfectly fine. It comes with soft pins that provide sufficient "grip" to fix the fan on the heatsink, even when in a vertical position. It can drop occasionaly when you manipulate the server, but once fixed, the fan won't drop.
Mine has been on for months now, and it just does a great job

Etorix

Wizard
Sorry to resurrect this thread, but as the temperature is increasing a lot I'd like to follow your suggestion to buy a the Noctua NF-A6x25 to put in on the CPU. Problem is, how do I fit that? I understood I should put it on top of the heatsink, but I'm not sure how to keep it stable
Rubber pins to guide… and two stripes of gaffer tape on the sides of the heatsink for me. The fan won't drop ;)