Access USB Serial Device In Jail

So I have USB serial device (Zigbee Controller) that is known to work in Home Assistant. I have this running in a jail, and I need to know how to access it in the jail?

I tried
Code:
ls /dev/ttyUSB*
but I get "No match". I need to know the path to the device to configure it.

wblock

Documentation Engineer
If it is supported by the standard FreeBSD USB serial drivers, it will appear as /dev/cuaU*. Access to that inside a jail might require devfs settings.

Can you help out with the devfs settings? Not sure what you're referring to. When I run ls /dev/cuaU* I get the same result. ls: No match.

No. Can't figure out the path to the device...

droeders

Contributor
@Steven Wormuth : I think @wblock was suggesting that you need to enable a few options in your jail to get devices populated under /dev.

Looking at the 11.2 documentation, I think you need the following settings for your jail:
- allow_mount
- allow_mount_devfs
- enforce_statfs - set to 0 or 1
- mount_devfs

If you enable these options, I would expect that /dev would be populated, and hopefully with the /dev/cuaU* devices for your USB to serial converter.

Here's where I found the jail options:

https://www.ixsystems.com/documentation/freenas/11.2/jails.html

Put those options into the jail. Still haven't figured out how to access it though. Haven't really had time, so I'll post back once I tinker more. Thanks for the help!

sretalla