SOLVED 9.3 install hangs after uhub0

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrone

Cadet
During the boot to the installer the screen hangs every time. Tried messing around with the bios to no avail. Im a noob with freenas, this 2u server was given to me from my company.

SuperMicro X7QCE
4 x Intel Xeon E7420 2.13GHz Quad Core CPU Socket 604
48GB DDR2 ECC REG Memory (DDR2-5300 Fully Buffer) 24x 2GB
ON board Intel® 82575EB Dual-port Gigabit Ethernet Controller
Dual Supermicro PWS-1K01R 1000W Redundant Power Supply Module
1 (x8) PCI-e (using X16 slot), 1 (x8) PCI-e (using x8 slot), 1 (x4) PCI-e (using x8 slot) and 1x 64-bit 133MHz PCI-X

Attachments

• 20160217_231236_resized_1.jpg
    20160217_231236_resized_1.jpg
    316.9 KB · Views: 340

tyrone

Cadet
Just updated the bios, still getting the uhub hang. I am installing freenas from the cd, nothing is plugged into the usb. I tried disabling HCI in the USB setting in bios, did not help. Here are some other things I tried,
Different IDE setting
Freebsd(hangs on Uhub also)
disabling all usb setting
enabling, disable raid settings(disabled)

tyrone

Cadet
Oh nice you have the same problem and you solved it sweet, what.........oh its in russian.
Here is how google translated it.
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?threads/fehler-bei-der-installation.8742/#post-36841

Daniko
I want to install FreeNAS (current version) on an old computer (S.U.).
Unfortunately, the computer hangs at boot during spot "uhub 2, 6 ports with 6 removable, self powered"> see appendix hanging.

I got it testweise installed on another computer, which worked well. The hard drive in the actually provided computer, and stops at the same point.

Can anybody help me further? Does this have to do with the USB ports?

Warri
Allows the BIOS to disable USB ports for testing purposes? General also rather the 64bit version is recommended, do not go on older hardware but of course.

Daniko
Yes, I could do, and lo and behold it works :) :) :)
After installation I have USB enabled again and it still works.
Thank you very much

Sounds like he disabled Usb in bios. I tried and it still hangs

Last edited:

tyrone

Cadet
The problem was the usb. I turned off in bios pre install and turned back on after install.

Status
Not open for further replies.