9.3 -> 9.10-U3, SSDs being a bit weird

Status
Not open for further replies.

BloodyIron

Contributor
On a system that I just upgraded from 9.3 to 9.10-U3, I have 4x SSDs, all the same models, and they're being a bit weird now (but not performance wise I think).

They are Intel 240GBs, but I can't remember if they're 330's or 520's (I think they're 330's). But after the upgrade dmesg is showing inconsistent info, and the reporting tab in the webGUI is just not showing stats for one disk. So far as I can tell all disks are working fine though.

Disks 1-3 show up as "INTEL SSDSC2CW240A3 400i" in dmesg init, but the 4th shows up as "INTEL SSDSC2CT060A3 300i". I've had these a while now, and I know for a fact they're not 720's, and I'm quite sure they're not 520's either (but not 100% sure). I don't want to crack the case right now to be sure, as I'm not worried about _this_ particular detail just yet.

The issue I'm worried about is that the 4th disk has almost no stats graphed for it in the disk section of the reporting section. This doesn't make sense since it's a member of a striped mirror pool, and its performance/load should be approximately identical to the other ones, but the graphs do not reflect this.

So, this looks like it might be a bug. When I watch "zpool iostat -v 1", the disk looks like it's behaving as one would expect in this configuration.

What's going on? \o/

D

dlavigne

It will be interesting to see if this issue persists or is fixed by moving to 11 when it's released (currently slated for next Tuesday).

Right now, it sounds like a change from how FreeBSD 9.x (what FreeNAS 9.3 is based on) and FreeBSD 10.x (what FreeNAS 9.10 is based on) reports these devices. This may have been fixed with FreeBSD 11.x (what FreeNAS 11 is based on).

BloodyIron

Contributor
It sure does, but any speculation why the reporting element may be skewed? I don't know how the middleware measures it, and the disk "should" still be reporting such stats. D:

It will be interesting to see if this issue persists or is fixed by moving to 11 when it's released (currently slated for next Tuesday).

Right now, it sounds like a change from how FreeBSD 9.x (what FreeNAS 9.3 is based on) and FreeBSD 10.x (what FreeNAS 9.10 is based on) reports these devices. This may have been fixed with FreeBSD 11.x (what FreeNAS 11 is based on).

D

dlavigne

Not sure. Best to report it as a bug if 11 doesn't fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.