9.10 upgrade, can't see reporting graphs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robbks

Dabbler
I upgraded from 9.2.1 on an old 32bit machine and transferred all my Drives and OS to a new 64bit build with no issues.
Upgraded to the latest stable build this morning, also upgraded ZFS as prompted by the OS and now have this error in the log when trying to view most Reporting graphs.

Failed to generate graph: ERROR: This RRD was created on another architecture

Robbks

Dabbler
I read through that and it suggests the following
"archived reporting graphs will be lost during the upgrade."

that's no problem, it's a totally new machine so anything archived is of no consequence.
It's not populating the current, live data.
I'm tipping a fresh install and dump in the config might be the best option to start a fresh system, fresh drives and clean OS install.

D

dlavigne

Also check System -> System Dataset and make sure that the "Reporting Database" box is checked and that the system dataset is pointing to pool with sufficient space to hold the reporting data.

Robbks

Dabbler
Tried that,
No change.

Is it a browser issue (Chrome)?

I'm not interested in saving the reporting really,
Just real time monitoring when I'm loading up the system.

Screenshot_20160902-225422.png

D

dlavigne

Hmm, that is pretty darn empty... Have you tried with firefox? If a different browser doesn't fix it, you prob are best off doing a fresh install.

Robbks

Dabbler
Yep,
Chrome, Explorer and Firefox.
No dice.

But IMHO if something won't work in Chrome these days, it needs to be fixed.

I'll fresh install on a new stick, upload my config and test again.

This is an RRD issue not really a FreeNAS issue. (It happened to us when we upgraded our pfSense firewalls from 32-bit to 64-bit. RRD really hates changing bits.)

You can either export your data (from the 32-bit version) then import your data (to the 64-bit version) using this procedure or, if you don't care about historical data, just delete the RRD cache and let it generate new charts.

Cheers,
Matt

Robbks

Dabbler
Great, thanks Matt.
That's all I need is to wipe the cache.
Historical data is not needed.

EDIT:
Apparently threatening to reinstall the OS was enough to have it rectify itself.
Problem solved and all my reporting is back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.