8.0.1 unable to detect HD

Status
Not open for further replies.

usersky

Cadet
I have one IBM server (System X 3630 M3) using serverraid M1015 SAS/Sata controller.

No raid being created on my server, as I wanted to used freenas to create my raid.
HD is 12 x 2TB

I setup 8.0.1(i386) on an USB when I click the volumes >create volumes, i unable to see any disks.

Is my raid controller not compatible/ or not support for the FreeNas?

Kindly advise.

usersky

Cadet
Hi protosd,

My Freenas 8.0.1_release(amd64) now finally able to see the hard disk. The most important is to flash my controller firmware to compatible firmware.
Thanks for your help.

Steve Tranoi

Cadet
Hi protosd,

My Freenas 8.0.1_release(amd64) now finally able to see the hard disk. The most important is to flash my controller firmware to compatible firmware.
Thanks for your help.

Hi UserSky, I see this is a bit down the road from your post, but hoped you could please give me some details on the flashing part of your post, firmware version, file name or other related info, I have the same server, and need to get FreeNAS up and running on it too. Any help would be highly praised!

gpsguy

Steve, are you trying to flash your 1015 controller? If so, which version of FreeNAS are you running?

In general you want the firmware on the controller to match the driver version used by FreeNAS. I believe 9.2x and later are using the phase 16 driver. And, 8.31 needed phase 13.

Directions can be found here: http://www.servethehome.com/ibm-serveraid-m1015-part-4/

Status
Not open for further replies.