Status
Not open for further replies.

TinTIn

Contributor
It looks like previous versions on Windows clients don't work if the dataset on FreeNAS is a Windows share, which is a little ironic. However make it a UNIX dataset and then offer it up as a Windows share and suddenly previous versions works great.

Anyone got any thoughts on this?

Thanks

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
It looks like previous versions on Windows clients don't work if the dataset on FreeNAS is a Windows share

Anyone got any thoughts on this?
You're doing something wrong, but didn't give enough info :)

Try posting the following:
1) version of freenas
2) getfacl output for folder you are sharing
3) relevant log entries from /var/log/samba/log.smbd
4) a thorough description of what you are doing / problem you are having.

TinTIn

Contributor
1. 9.3 STABLE
If I create a new dataset and mark it as windows share and then apply permissions still keeping it a windows share and then offer it up as a window share then no previous versions every appear even with 5 min snapshots. Change that exact same dataset to UNIX and intern UNIX permissions and bam all old previous versions appear.

I've tried it several tines now so trust me its defo the case.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
No, that can't be.

You do have to restart Samba for it to pick up snapshot tasks and export the snapshots as Shadow Copies. That might explain why it suddenly worked with a different dataset.

Weird, could've sworn I'd posted the above last night.

1. 9.3 STABLE
If I create a new dataset and mark it as windows share and then apply permissions still keeping it a windows share and then offer it up as a window share then no previous versions every appear even with 5 min snapshots. Change that exact same dataset to UNIX and intern UNIX permissions and bam all old previous versions appear.

I've tried it several tines now so trust me its defo the case.

Are you restarting Samba after creating the snapshot tasks?

TinTIn

Contributor
No I don't think I was Eric. I'll give it a go and report back. Many thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TinTIn

Contributor
Yes Eric. It would appear that once again you are correct. Many thanks. Next question ...... [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.