2 iscsi connections to same nic with 2 different ip on same subnet randomly connects

Hi All,
First time posting, and definitely a noob to the community, please bear with me as I try to be as detailed as I can without babbling.

Here's my situation:
I have TrueNas 12.0-u2.1 installed in Esxi 6.5. I have two pools, with a single zvol configured in each. Each pool holds the quorum resource for its respective windows cluster. The 2 iscsi shares connecting the windows clusters to their respective Zvols are configured to the 172.16.1.1 and .2 ip addresses (same subnet) and configured on a single truenas nic. Hope this is making sense so far...

On the windows servers (installed on esxi 7) I have 3 nics per server, one with 192., one with 172., and one with 10. Ip addresses. 10. is for main traffic, 192. is for heartbeat, and 172. is for cluster resource. Only 10. network has default gateway, and all are on /24 subnet.

My issue:
I can connect the one cluster to its resources via the iscsi share just fine, whilst the other cluster randomly connects. Initial configuration had everything working correctly, until I rebooted the entire system. That's when I started having issues with the second iscsi share.

I have configured everything using the same steps differing in name, ip, zvol association, and the like as necessary, however I can't for the life of me figure out why one cluster will connect fine and the other does so intermittently. And to make mattes worse, when I do get it to connect and reboot, ( I like to reboot to verify the cluster will automatically come back online) it refuses to connect again and I have to mess with it until it does. The other cluster will reconnect and come online all its own. I'm confident this is not a windows issue, nor is it a cluster configuration issue.

There are no firewalls coming into play, and no network issues that I'm aware of. I can ping the iscsi share address from its respective cluster all day long with no issues, yet the iscsi initiator can't make a reliable connection. I just get a "connection error" and nothing more when trying to use the iscsi initiator on the server.

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance for the help!!