11Mbs Max LAN Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wakos

Cadet
I know another slow transfer speed post. I've searched around and haven't found anything specific to my situation. Up until two weeks ago I have been getting really good transfer speeds when copying files to my FreeNAS from my windows 10 Laptop, usually around 75-100Mbs. Just a few days ago I tried to copy some files to an external hard drive and found my speeds to cap out at 11Mbs. First I copied a file straight from the FreenNAS server directly to the laptop and still had the same result 11Mbs. This is operating like I no longer have a gigabit network. I used the LAN speed test utility from my laptop to the FreeNAS and showed the results at 92Mbs so that looks like I have good gigabit connectivity. I did an IPconfig from the shell of FreeNAS and the connection showed up as 1000baseT so from the FreeNAS it also looks like gigabit. I tried both wired and wireless transfer speeds with the laptop and showed max of 11Mbs. I have made zero changes to my FreeNAS since I last new that it was operating at normal transfer speeds(75mbs-100mbs). The cable from my FreeNAS to my router is brand new. I built my FreeNAS just little over a Month ago. I am running PLEX and Transmission. PLEX appears to be still functioning fine its just the transfer speeds for my CIFS Share. What am I missing?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Your units are hurting my head. megabits per second or megabytes per second? "11" sounds like 100 megabits per second to me.

Wakos

Cadet
I apologize for that. Its a forever struggle for me. All transfer speeds mentioned are megabytes.

Wakos

Cadet
Would I still get test speeds with LAN speed Test over 92MBytes even if I had a faulty cable?

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
run iperf between your laptop and freenas to test the network. my guess is it's something local regarding your client/laptop (like having wired and wireless connected at the same time).

Status
Not open for further replies.