11.3.u2 Active Directory

MikeUK

Cadet
Hi

i had active directory working ok on 11.3u1, i have upgraded to u2 as i know there have been a number of ad joining issues fixed. I am now getting active directory reported as faulted, but wbinfo -t works successful, same with wbinfo -u and wbinfo -g, i can also access all the specified shares.

Below is a copy of the middleware log, anyone got any ideas how i go about investigating/resolving this? Sorry if this is obvious still quite new to freenas
Capture.JPG

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Typically active directory state changing to "faulted" should be accompanied by a UI alert (top-right corner of the WebUI). Do you see one?

mjlkr

Dabbler
I've got the same issue with UI alert of course. But AD connection works fine.
How to fix error: Unable to refresh activedirectory cache?

mjlkr

Dabbler
{"activedirectory": "FAULTED", "ldap": "DISABLED", "nis": "DISABLED"}

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Caching. The root of, and solution to, so many problems. That's a bug.
Code:
midclt call cache.pop DS_STATE
midclt call directoryservices.get_state

I'll get it fixed for U3 shortly.

amichelf

Dabbler
Hi,
Just to add something here. I wanted to (re)join my Windows AD with U2 and was not able to do so. There were no logs nor any network traffic from the freenas box to AD.
So after some troubleshooting I was able to join AD by going back to U1 , join and then switch the boot environment to U2. I now see the same behaviour here as mjilkr but authentication works. Would it help to temporarily disable caching?
amichelf

mjlkr

Dabbler
Offtopic but can anybody explain me how to properly connect to AD (step by step)? On every restart I must configure it again. Maybe I do something wrong but I use FreeNAS since a week :)

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Offtopic but can anybody explain me how to properly connect to AD (step by step)? On every restart I must configure it again. Maybe I do something wrong but I use FreeNAS since a week :)
It shouldn't require reconfiguring? What is the precise issue requiring reconfiguration?