SOLVED 11.2-U2.1 Docker Woes

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Also, what happens if you put a file in those empty locations? Does it survive a reboot and can you see it from the FreeNAS side?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
What permissions should I have on my datasets / folders in FreeNAS and also in nfs shares?
I think we mentioned the UID story in an earlier section of the thread, but ultimately, you want the container user and group IDs as the user/group with full rights on the filesystem (with a matching user/group on FreeNAS with matching IDs). On NFS, it’s simplest to have root:wheel.

SavageAUS

Patron
I think we mentioned the UID story in an earlier section of the thread, but ultimately, you want the container user and group IDs as the user/group with full rights on the filesystem (with a matching user/group on FreeNAS with matching IDs). On NFS, it’s simplest to have root:wheel.
So when I setup my nfs shares I should have mapallgroup wheel and mapalluser to root?
And which ever user I have created for access, use that puid and pgid? So if user has ids of 1001 I set those in environmental values as displayed?
I still can’t get anything to work/mount properly and it’s driving me insane as my jails aren’t working correctly either.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
The best way to start working through it is to go to the container in Rancher and from the 3 dots on the right, go to Execute Shell.

This then allows you to navigate to the directory you think isn't doing what you expect and do things like put a file there and see if it shows up on FreeNAS. Also to ls -l and see the permissions according to the container.

SavageAUS

Patron
The best way to start working through it is to go to the container in Rancher and from the 3 dots on the right, go to Execute Shell.

This then allows you to navigate to the directory you think isn't doing what you expect and do things like put a file there and see if it shows up on FreeNAS. Also to ls -l and see the permissions according to the container.
So I did as you suggested finally and added a test.txt into the config folder within sonarr and it survived a reboot with permissions of root:root.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
So I did as you suggested finally and added a test.txt into the config folder within sonarr and it survived a reboot with permissions of root:root.
And can you find that file in the FreeNAS filesystem where the rancher-nfs volume is pointing?

SavageAUS

Patron
And can you find that file in the FreeNAS filesystem where the rancher-nfs volume is pointing?
Unfortunately I cannot find it in the dataset that was pointed at it.

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Unfortunately I cannot find it in the dataset that was pointed at it.
OK, so this means it's not really doing the redirection according to the volume setup.

What does the volume setup look like for that container?

What is the setup for that volume in the storage section?

SavageAUS

Patron
For the rancher-nfs volume creation I do:
Name : sonarrconfig
host - 192.168.1.2 <- FreeNAS
export - /mnt/JailsSSD/Sonarr/ <- config for sonarr
onRemove - retain

When creating the container I setup as follows:
sonarrconfig:/config:rw
rancher-nfs

Obviously with more volumes but all setup the same pointing to different datasets.

sretalla