Zoneminder now as Plugin FreeNAS 11.2

CJDK

Dabbler
Hi,

Really nice Zoneminder finally made it as an plugin.
However it is a little outdated version.
how can we update it to the most recent version.

Thanks
CJDK

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
It would also be great if we had a version/setup where the API works.

I have turned many a hair grey looking into making it work with no joy so far. I have resorted to running it in docker with an NFS mount for storage.

Running the latest version in the docker container, I see that it is not brilliantly stable. It's a terrible pity that shinobi and motioneye are so poor with the motion detection setup or I would just switch to one of them instead.

Tsaukpaetra

Patron
I'm somewhat confused what you mean by "outdated". This is the info shown in the plugins list:

1545202902569.png

As of today, the latest release from GitHub indicates:

1545202961466.png

So... I'm confused?

Actually, I'm more confused how y'all got it to install in the first place, I'm trying to get it and it ends up installing a bunch of packages (according to the status dialog) before dying with and ambiguous "Exception: RuntimeError: occured, destroyed zoneminder. ".

Perhaps it's because I'm on the Nightly train?

CJDK

Dabbler
Hi.
It is installing the newest vesion now.(v1.32.3. )
I will set it up in the next days.
Well looks like there is a problem. It installs just fine. but adding cameraes does not work.
looks like there is no response when pressing the ADD button

Last edited:

CJDK

Dabbler
Hi,
Looks like ZoneMinder is realy close to function in a Jail now. :smile:
Cameras working now.
Only thing missing is it can't record to the disk. it will create the file, but it is only 1 KB

siconic

Explorer
Having the same problem. I am working on a solution, it is that the .mp4 container is empty. I have found a few possibilities, just working them out.

Tsaukpaetra

Patron
Yeah, the h264 saving is broken on FreeBSD (which is what FreeNAS is based on): GitHub issue 2403
Not sure who might be working on it, but if it gets fixed there the next release should (in theory) flow right into FreeBSD and then to us.

ere109

Contributor
I did a plugin install with great success - everything seemed to work, got three cameras working, then all of my cameras stopped displaying. A search on the ZM forum suggested only solution was to reinstall. So I killed the jail and reinstalled. Two days later, no access to GUI. I have tried resetting my router between installs, manually setting IP. Actively searching for solutions.

UPDATE: Found and followed this link - remove jail, restart FreeNAS.
https://www.ixsystems.com/community...nterface-404-error-right-after-install.77436/

Last edited:

turtlepants

Dabbler
It would also be great if we had a version/setup where the API works.

I have turned many a hair grey looking into making it work with no joy so far. I have resorted to running it in docker with an NFS mount for storage.

Running the latest version in the docker container, I see that it is not brilliantly stable. It's a terrible pity that shinobi and motioneye are so poor with the motion detection setup or I would just switch to one of them instead.

I had to create the log folder for zoneminder manually after the plugin was installed and then the api worked for me :).

Code:
iocage console zoneminder
mkdir /var/log/zm

drinking12many

Contributor
In addition to the /var/log/zm issues I also had an issue with event playback unless I mounted my camera storage pool directly to "/var/db/zoneminder/events" It was recording events and I could see the files were there but it couldn't find them to play them back even when set at the storage location for the camera and added as a storage location. Could have been me missing something, but just mounting it there directly made the setup a bit easier. Still fighting some zmninja issues getting it to play the live camera stream, but at least now zmninja pro/phone app and the webui for zoneminder can play and download events now. After the pool was mounted I also set the ownership to www:www and 770 for perms.

1569337752983.png