zoneminder, ispy, or blueiris?

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsondr

Dabbler
Hi all,

Currently running Blue Iris in a VM on my Ubuntu file server. I was wondering what peoples experience have been running zoneminder or ispy in FreeNAS? Would it be worth the switch from Blue Iris?

Thanks.

D

dlavigne

Did you decide to stick with Blue Iris or try something else?

crimsondr

Dabbler
My FreeNAS box isn't up and running yet. All parts received but the CPU! So I haven't tried anything else. However, just from my reading I will probably stay with BlueIris. I really like the apps available for it on iOS and Android. Also, hopefully I can move my existing BlueIris virtual to my freenas server without my difficulty.

My original reason in looking for a BlueIris alternative was to find something that ran more natively in linux/bsd instead of a windows virtual to help reduce need resources and load. However, looks like we will have bhyve soon which should be much better than virtualbox. Once that is available I will look into using it for my blueiris virtual and compare.

RoadHazard

Explorer
For what it's worth, I've been running Blue Iris in a VM on FreeNAS for several months, and it seems to work fine.

I had been running Blue Iris on a laptop PC for years, but switched it over to the FreeNAS system because (a) it's already running 24/7 and (b) it's got eight CPUs vs. the one CPU in the laptop. Once I got VirtualBox up and running and then installed Windows 7 on top of that, Blue Iris ran just fine. As an added bonus, I can add/remove CPU cores to the virtual PC if I need it to run faster/slower. So far, there have been no problems with the "virtual" Blue Iris installation versus the "native" laptop system.

crimsondr

Dabbler
For what it's worth, I've been running Blue Iris in a VM on FreeNAS for several months, and it seems to work fine.

I had been running Blue Iris on a laptop PC for years, but switched it over to the FreeNAS system because (a) it's already running 24/7 and (b) it's got eight CPUs vs. the one CPU in the laptop. Once I got VirtualBox up and running and then installed Windows 7 on top of that, Blue Iris ran just fine. As an added bonus, I can add/remove CPU cores to the virtual PC if I need it to run faster/slower. So far, there have been no problems with the "virtual" Blue Iris installation versus the "native" laptop system.
Yup, I've also been running Blue Iris within a VM on my ubuntu file server without issues.

Mine is also running trouble free in a VM.

However, I may play with Zoneminder once my FreeNAS box is up and running. Blue Iris works good already but out of curiosity I will try Zoneminder.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Any status?

Thanks for all your hard work on plugins, ports, etc Joshua!
the port has been available since v1.30 was in release candidate 1 beginning of June and has been working as expected on my system.
a few people were discussing it in another thread you should be able to find from searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.