Yet another CAM Status issue :(

Kaiser7

Cadet
Hello there

I mounted post installation a pci sata 4x expansion card bought from amazon
link -> https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07KF83M5W/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Everything work fine until there are plugged 2 drives on the card, on any port with any cable with any disk.

As soon as one more drive is plugged, whatever cable or port it is, I got the messagge :
"ahcich0 : is 00000000 cs 00000000 ss 00000000 rs 00000000 tfd 1d0 serr 00000000 cmd 0004dc17"

WRITE_PKM .ACB sequence of numbers again
CAM STATUS : command timeout
Retrying command

After looking for a trick in forums and in the net, this is what i tried and didn't work:

change sata cables
change drives
change ports
change psu

Set hint.ahci.0.msi=0 in /boot/device.hint

I also tried to change ahci mode from bios SATA/IDE/DISABLED

Same story :(

I'm thinking about a problem with the driver of the card or some configuration that I missed.

Freenas Version : 11.2 - U5

My intention was to mount 12 drives ( 4 on the motherboard + 8 with expansion cards ), so I started with one to see if can work...

I'm sorry if I break some thread rules and thank you for your help.

tfran1990

Patron
Bad idea.
next time do a little more research, it will save you the time/stress/effort

Kaiser7

Cadet
Bad idea.
next time do a little more research, it will save you the time/stress/effort
Well, for what I found around the net, "every controllers must work"...and was a cheap one so I made a try :)

sretalla