Workaround for odd drill-down behaviour

I have TC sitting behind a Caddy reverse proxy and have trusted certificates for my FreeNAS servers. In TC, if I drill down to a server by clicking on the Go to Web Interface icon ...

screenshot.298.png

... I'd be presented with an empty window. I can get past this, by then clicking on View NAS in a New Tab in the top RHS of the window, however, apart from getting bothersome after a while, it results in an insecure server connection.

screenshot.299.png

I decided to investigate further last night. I realised, quite by accident, that the problematic field is the one shown below in the system configuration screen.

screenshot.300.png

I can avoid the previous empty web interface window and the insecure connection if I put the FQDN instead of the IP or hostname of the FreeNAS server in this field. Hope this helps anyone else experiencing a similar issue.

The TC documentation is scant on information for this System Configuration UI. I've yet to figure out what System Tokens is all about. Any takers?

Last edited:
OK. Now it's getting weird. It turns out that in order to avoid the empty web interface window and ensure secure communication between TC and a FreeNAS server, not only must I use the FQDN of the FreeNAS server in the system configuration screen as in the previous post, I also need to ignore SSL errors in the Administration panel.

screenshot.303.png

Attachments

• screenshot.303.png
    screenshot.303.png
    166 KB · Views: 337