Windows 10 + FreeNas 9.10 Samba access only works with guest options

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant acces my samba shares without setting both "allow guest account" and only "allow guest account". When I access my freenas by NetBIOS root (\\frenas\) on explorer it asks for my credentials , inserting any freenas credentials ('root' or any user I create and associate with 'wheel' group) I've got granted access as normally. But without any of those guest options I'm facing even greater access problems , I still can access my NetBIOS root (no credentials asked) but every share points ask for credentials but every access is unauthorized even with root account or any other credentials set up on the dataset permissions. I have tried everything and been goggling for a solution without success, I see the Microsoft account would be the a trouble, and tried to sync my freenas account with my personal ms account with Microsoft account checked (the one I got setted on my notebook) but nothing really helped.
I need some light.

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Why the hell are you trying to login as root? Setup proper users.

No, not in the slightest. Enter valid credentials when prompted to and everything works as it should.

Have you seen @m0nkey_ 's permissions guides?
https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?resources/freenas-and-samba-cifs-permissions-video.8/

I'm not trying JUST and ONLY with root, did you read everything at all?
I've tried to login with my own users and and also root as a hope of making it work but it doens't, it only works when I check both guest options, which is not the right approach since I'm setting up my own users. I'm doing it exacltylt as described ot the @monkey_ guide, and it still doesnt work.

Status
Not open for further replies.