Which EVGA's are rebadged?

John Nas

Dabbler
Board (X9SCL-F), Chip (E3-1240 v2), and Ram (16gb) arrived today for my new build. I have the drives (3x 6TB Ironwolf Nas, 2x 1TB WD Green) already so it's time to turn my attention to the PSU. Was looking at a Seasonic but then I saw a well priced EVGA, the 650w GQ 210-GQ-0650-V1 80+ GOLD Modular, eco-mode. 650 of course is overkill, but <$60 new+delivered it's tempting. Checking the recommended hardware list I read:

"EVGA is a newly-popular high-end option, with several excellent rebadged Seasonic and Super Flower units. Care must be taken to choose a model by one of these OEMs, as the lower-end units are adequate, at best, for a desktop environment."

How can I tell which EVGA supplies are the rebadged being mentioned and which are the ones 'adequate, at best'?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You pretty much have to research them individually. PSU forums and PSU reviews generally go into this.

John Nas

Dabbler
Ah, thanks for the heads up. Fortunately my patience was rewarded and I let the EVGA deal elapse and later snagged a new Seasonic Focus Gold+ 550W, which I understand is well loved around these parts, for $40.