Where to find details of bugs fixed in updates?

Status
Not open for further replies.

saurav

Contributor
I normally go to bugs.freenas.org/<bug#>, but I can't find anything about 11675 listed in the latest update's changelogs. http://bugs.freenas.org/11675 returns nothing and even googling around didn't get me anywhere.

So my question is, is there some other place too that I should try? FWIW, Google says 11675 is a ticket, so it might not actually be a bug. However, it is listed as one in the changelog. Either way, I would just like to see what I should expect if I install the update.

Thanks,
Saurav.

Code:
#7376    Bug    Nice to have    Installing FreeNAS 9.3 on XenServer 6.2
#8639    Bug    Nice to have    SATA disks on LSI SAS controller don't spin down after specified "HDD Standby" time
#11091    Bug    Important    Erase areas for new disks increased to 32+32MB
#11329    Bug    Important    Last snapshot sent to remote site is no longer reported
#11463    Bug    No priority    CIFS user not staying persistent across reboots
#11490    Feature    Nice to have    Multiple replication for same dataset
#11593    Feature    Nice to have    "Delete snapshots..." message in Replication Tasks view
#11644    Bug    Important    Since the change from ataidle to camcontrol disks go to sleep too fast
#11664    Bug    Important    Stalls with NVMe SLOG, iSCSI and sync=always
#11667    Bug    Nice to have    Better reporting of failures that happen in replicator in the middle of zfs list step
#11672    Bug    Nice to have    Inaccurate iSCSI error message
#11674    Bug    Expected    Make replicator update the replicator state when there is nothing to do instead of keeping previous state.
#11675    Bug    Important    Unable to upgrade to latest 9.3

D

dlavigne

The URL is close, but should be: https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/11675. You may have to be logged in to see some bugs. Also, sometimes a bug is created by a TrueNAS customer and the fix is also merged into FreeNAS--however, only customers can see bugs created as a TrueNAS bug. You'll know that's the case if it says you don't have permission to view the bug.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Bugs created from the GUI with debug data included are also private by default.

saurav

Contributor
Turns out that 11675 is one of those bugs which require you to be logged in :-(

But I'm not sure where to log in. The support URL (support.freenas.org) itself is a 404 and my support login doesn't work for bugs.freenas.org/login.

By "customer", do you mean a TrueNAS customer? I have a freenas mini, so I am probably a customer of some sort, but may be not the type to view those bugs.

I too ran into this. I am curious what the details of ticket #11675 is, since I believe I was affected by something like that. Is it possible for a developer to open up the ticket, so it isn't private?

(yes I have an account on bugs.freenas.org, but am told "you are not authorized to access this page")

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I have access to 11675. The problem was that if you created a boot environment from the CLI, then immediately tried to destroy it, it would fail with a nondescript error.

The problem was that if you tried to delete a boot environment that was set to be used on reboot, it should fail, but the error message wasn't very clear on why it failed. It will now tell you why.

https://bugs.freenas.org/projects/f...96efd/diff/src/freenas-pkgtools/lib/Update.py

Status
Not open for further replies.